5.02.2011

The Classic: Half Up Style


I have to admit that the anticipation of what hair style Kate Middleton would choose was killing me!  From the moment I heard she had a team of 4 hair dressers preparing her, I was on the edge of my seat.  In the end, Kate chose the classic & beautiful "half up/half down" style.

 Kate is known for wearing her long hair down , she noted that for her wedding day "She wanted to feel like herself"  - I think this look is a perfect way to balance the glamor of the occasion, while staying true to her trademark "look."


 I love the volume through the top!  A perfect compliment to the 1936 Queen's "Halo" tiara from Cartier.  * Kate's hair was given volume in the crown and sides, pinned back at the ears, and loosely curled. * This style shows off the beautiful v-neck of her dress and elegant earrings.  It has been, and will continue to be a favorite style in Bridal fashion.

Here is a similar look on Kate's sister, Pippa:


Note that Pippa doesn't have as much volume, and her style differs by showcases more curl.

Note the beautiful profile the volumized back-crown gives!

Here is a wonderful post from the NY Daily news regarding the "Top 5 Wedding Trends"  http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rulesofengagement/2011/05/top-5-trends-to-steal-from-the-royal-wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment